Welcome to the Careers & Employability Service at Archway Learning Trust
We believe that all our students have the capability and potential to develop and grow in their careers. The careers & employability service is therefore designed to support students at various stages of their academic journey ensuring that they are able to make informed decisions about their future career choices. Students can access a range of information, advice and guidance through our dedicated Careers Advisers, Mrs Kawsar (IAG Level 7 Qualified – firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Newnham (completed 2 year CELP programme led by Teach First – email@example.com), from our partnership provider – Futures Advice, Capital One community relations programme – as well as from our subject teachers across the Trust..
Students can expect:
- a planned programme from Years 8-13
- information and guidance on Option choices
- ongoing and impartial guidance
- factual and up to date information
- opportunities to experience the world of work
- to gain relevant employability skills, such as how to write a CV and cover letter, make applications and learn interview skills
- that their personal aspirations are important and treated with respect
- an opportunity to have an individual careers interview with a qualified advisor.
The careers & employability service can be accessed through a number of ways, from a 1:1 careers appointment, drop-in sessions, an array of workshops and employability activities tailored to meet the diverse needs of our students. Our aim is to ensure that CEIAG (Careers Education Information Advice & Guidance) at Archway Learning Trust are measured in accordance to the Gatsby Benchmarks (https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/schools-colleges/understand-gatsby-benchmarks) to enable our students to leave Archway Learning Trust with skills and confidence that will equip them for their approaching careers, as well as the various pathways they may take throughout their lifetime. Please see our CEIAG Policy 2018 for more details.
Any external providers and employers who are interested in providing our students with information on training and apprenticeship, please see our Provider Access Policy regarding how to get in contact.
The academy will review all policies and publications annually.