Information for parents
Please click here to see details of the online platforms used to support remote learning, including links to their privacy policies.
Guidance for pupils
This will help you to continue developing your independent learning skills and ensure that you don’t fall behind with your studies. It will also help with your mental wellbeing by giving you a focus. If any lessons are not showing up on your timetable, please email the teacher for this lesson, and your Year Leader.
For more help and guidance on accessing and using Microsoft Teams, please click on the guidance document on the right. You may also receive emails containing resources and further information from your teachers, and so should check these regularly.
- Click here to log in to Microsoft Teams to access your online lessons.
- Click here to log in to Microsoft Outlook to access your emails.
- Click here to log in to GO4Schools to view your timetable.
If you have any IT problems, please contact the IT helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include your full name, date of birth and state that you attend BAA, along with your issue.
Expectations – work hard; show respect
Even if we are not in the school building, the expectations that teachers have of you will not change.
- You must be on time to all of your online lessons (logged in and waiting in the lobby for the teacher to let you in)
- You must follow instructions – e.g. turn on your camera, mute your microphone when not needed, sit in an appropriate place, contribute to the lesson, and complete the work/assignments set
- You must behave appropriately – remember you are being recorded, and you can still earn positives and warnings/negative points in these lessons in the same way
- You should work hard and make the most of each lesson.
We understand that you may not have access to a computer all the time or might need to share it with others. If you are sharing a device, please inform your Year Leader, who will then provide the necessary support to enable you to access your lessons. You should always email your teacher and Year Leader in advance to let them know if you will not be able to attend a lesson, and catch up with work missed using the lesson resources provided and completing work set by the teacher.
Under no circumstances should students record lessons. Bluecoat Aspley Academy is the data controller of all online lessons which are provided through school platforms and therefore it is an offence for students to record and/or share any lessons without the consent of the Academy, under section 170 of the Data Protection Act 2018. If you are aware of anyone filming or posting recordings from lessons, the school must be informed immediately.